“GLOBAL TRAINING”. INTERNSHIP GRANTS ABROAD
- Date: domingo, 03 de junio de 2012
The Department of Industry, Innovation, Trade and Tourism of the Basque Government, in its objective to find operative solutions for emerging new realities and future challenges, both for European and global spheres, launches the programme “Internship Grants Abroad”, known as “Global Training”, which promotes transnational mobility among young people from the ACBC to carry out activities and projects related to their academic and professional profile in companies/organizations in foreign countries, with a practical, previously planned training programme.
2. AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
- To promote internationalization among young people by carrying out international internships directly linked to a professional activity.
- To promote economic and social cohesion through cooperation between different agents and the generation of mutual benefit both for the young person and the host company.
- To reinforce the role of practical international learning as a generator of citizenship, knowledge, intercultural dialogue and an opening towards other peoples and cultures.
The participants that opt for internship grants abroad must meet the following requirements:
Technical Training Higher Grade Qualification.
Certification by the administrative authority in the Basque Country of having graduated at least 1 year before, on the 1st January of the year when the internships are made available.
Age below 30 years the same year as the programme is announced.
Not having benefitted from other internships abroad over six months long.
Suitable language level for the function to be developed and the destination country of the host company.
Adaptation of the candidates profile to the profile required by the foreign host company or institution.
Criteria of selection:
- Suitable professional profile for the work to be carried out for the foreign host company
- Specific training in the field of activity the foreign host company carries out
- Knowledge of the language of the destination country or the working language of the host company
- Motivational factors in relation to the programme and activities offered.
The processes to select participants are carried out according to the type of each internship grant offered and will be carried out in the following phases:
Pre-selection using the CV and language tests
Selection by personal interview in the ACBC, which will be carried out by an Internship Programme Selection Board,.
Final selection according to the adaptation of the professional profile to the host company
5. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE INTERNSHIP GRANTS
The duration of the Internships will be 6 months.
This period will be determined according to the characteristics of each Internship, the availability of the host company, or any other factor that might determine this aspect.
The internship will begin with a training period which will be given to those persons selected before they join the host company.
5.2. Economic Amount of the Internship Grants
The economic amount for each Internship grant will be established according to the destination country and will be funded by the Department of Industry of the Basque Government and the Basque institutions that co-finance this programme.
The Internship grant will also include payment of medical insurance and civil liability insurance for the internship period.
5.3. Prior Training.
The programme establishes a training period prior to departure for the young participant lasting 50h and distributed in different modules according to the type of internship.
This training will consist of, among others, the following subjects:
HOW TO APPROACH INTERNSHIP ABROAD
BUSINESS AND ETHICS
Other factors according to the type of internship.
¿Donde tengo que contactar para apuntarme?