Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri prioritises client satisfaction and is aware of the importance of maintaining and upgrading QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION and HEALTH AND SAFETY practices. To do so, Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri:
- Encourages Quality Management of its services, Environmental Protection and Health and Safety among staff. This is done by progressively increasing the capability and necessary implication of staff, by informing and training them and students regularly and by motivating their behaviour in the Centre to meet Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri’s environmental and safety principles, thus minimizing risk and promoting good practices.
- Safeguards Health and Safety of staff in the Centre while carrying out their work, as well as that of students and other workers.
- Guarantees the Continuous Improvement of its Environmental Management. Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri has established and maintains an Environmental Management System appropriate to the nature, size and impact of its activities and services, and which complies with the requisites of the ISO 14001.
- Establishes and revises its Environmental aims and Objectives regularly. Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri monitors its aims and objectives regularly to prevent and reduce the negative impact of waste and pollution wherever possible (this includes optimizing the consumption of natural resources such as water and electricity and reducing toxic waste.)
- Promotes the development of all action which involves prevention, protection and environmental conservation. Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri encourages an attitude of respect and commitment among staff and students and is committed to protecting the surroundings.
- Has the necessary means to fulfil the applicable Legislation and Regulations in QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT and HEALTH AND SAFETY.
- Clearly advocates renewable energy sources. Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri has installed solar panels and wind generators and has created a Renewable Energy classroom for teaching students who will be professionals of the future using energy from sources which respect the Environment.
- Is committed to documenting, establishing and keeping staff and students up to date with these policies. The Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policy are on view to the Public in visible spots throughout the Centre.
- The Management team in Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri will revise this policy regularly to ensure that it is being followed appropriately and will propose further aims and objectives to address, with the objective of improving the Management system. It will provide the necessary means to do so.